The MONyog.ini is the configuration file used by Monyog to read the configuration and is created when Monyog service is started for the first time. It consists of different parameters and can be used to customize a few settings as well. MONyog.ini consists of the following parameters:
- Port: The port at which Monyog listens to the HTTP requests. The default port is 5555, but you can change it to any open port available on the system where Monyog is running.
- Password: This field stores the obfuscated form of the admin password for Monyog UI. Hence, you cannot change/edit the admin password from here, you can do it from the Monyog UI ("User profile" icon at the top right corner)
- Data_path: This gives the default data path at which Monyog stores the collected data from all the registered servers. A user can change the data path from here in order to store data to the desired location.
- Registration_name: The registration name used while registering the license keys in Monyog.
- Key: The license key used to register Monyog.
- Install_id: This gives the unique id associated with each Monyog installation.
- Overview_Available: It determines whether the Overview page will be available in Monyog or not. The default value is 1, indicating Overview page will be available. User can make it 0, if they don't want this page to be displayed.
- MONyogLogPath(Not present in the default MONyog.ini file): It can be used to change the default MONyog.log path, for e.g: MONyogLogPath=/home/ubuntu/MONyogLog/
Please stop Monyog service before making any changes to any of the below parameters.
Depending on the mode of Monyog installation, you can find the MONyof.ini file in the below locations:
<MONyog installation drive>\ProgramData\Webyog\MONyog\MONyog.ini
- for RPM: /usr/local/MONyog/MONyog.ini - for .tar:<MONyog extracted directory>/MONyog/MONyog.ini
It is created when Monyog service is started for the first time. A default MONyog.ini looks like this:
[GENERAL] Port=5555 Password= Data_path=/home/pankaj/Downloads/MONyog/bin/..//data Registration_name=Webyog Key=7AD04B55-8898-4DEFG90-8D37-D88243971EF3 Install_id=b11c77ad-e5ea-439e-99bc-8f551a1380b7 JSRuntime_size=1024 Overview_Available=1 Intercom_Available=1
Apart from the above default parameters, you can also use MONyog.ini file to change the default MONyog-bin.pid file location from "/var/run/" to some other directory. A user can give the path in the MONyog.ini file like: “Pid_file_path=/abc/xyz".