Using this option User Management, you can create/edit/delete users.
How To Create User?
- Click Settings > User manager. The window opens where you can create/delete users.
- To create a new user, click on the link 'Add user' and you can add username and password in the appropriate fields.
- To add LDAP group, select 'LDAP Group' from the options and specify 'Username', 'LDAP group DN' and 'LDAP search filter'.
- Assign Role: Select this option to assign Monyog role.
- External Roles: Use this option to Map LDAP roles to Monyog roles.
- Add user to Admin group: You can refer Managing multiple users for further more information.
- Action management: Use this option to give different privileges like server edit, kill query etc.
- Tags management: You can give the list of allowed/disallowed tags to the user.
- Tab management: Use this option to restrict access to different tabs in Monyog.
Managing multiple users
You can manage access to your servers and settings based on your needs using 'User Management'. This feature is useful in creating users who will have limited access to the particular servers - which helps in preventing accidentally killing queries, executing FLUSH STATUS on your MySQL servers or changing your server settings without your knowledge.
The Monyog 'admin' user can now create other users having access to a subset of available servers only. Also note that only 'admin' is allowed to create/delete server and user registrations.
Following restrictions applies to non-admin users:
- Cannot register a new server.
- Cannot delete a registered server.
- Cannot change tags of a server.
- Can edit a server only if "Server Edit" permission is granted.
- Can kill a query from the 'Processlist' page only if 'Kill Query' permission is granted.
- Can execute 'FLUSH STATUS' from the Monitors page only if 'FLUSH STATUS' permission is granted.
- If no 'Allowed tags' are specified, normal users will have access to servers with no tags only.
- If the same tag is specified in 'Allowed tags' as well as 'Disallowed tags', then the user will not have access to servers with that tag.
- Cannot change user settings (except own password).
- Cannot change Preferences.
A user can be granted a combination of the following permissions:
- Server Edit: Allows the user to edit the settings of servers accessible to him/her.
- Kill Query: Allows the user to kill queries through the 'Processlist' page on servers accessible to him/her.
- FLUSH STATUS: Allows the user to execute the FLUSH STATUS command on servers accessible to him/her.
- View Literals in Queries: Allows the users to view literals in the Query Analyzer page.
- Open/Close alert: Allows the users to open/close alerts through the "Monitors" and "Events" pages.
This feature is available in Monyog Ultimate.